- Provide counselling services to clients, applying the counselling competencies of FACTBC.
- Participate in supervision sessions to enhance your professional development (Note: Supervision hours may not count toward your required association hours. Qualification of hours will depend on whom you are registered with.)
- All registered counsellors are treated equally, regardless of whether they are an RTC, RCC or ...
- Adhere to established processes and procedures to ensure a standard of care for clients.
- Counsellors start with one shift of 4.5 hours which allows for 3 clients, and gradually increase hours as the caseload grows with paying clients.
- Must be available for in-person sessions at our Port Moody office. (Online-only shifts are available once in-person shifts are filled.)
- Assist with various administrative tasks when not seeing clients or writing notes. Paid shifts factor in 30 minutes per client session for charting. Administrative tasks include but are not limited to social media posts, client follow-ups, and article writing.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting pay of $20.90/hour.
- Hourly pay will increase based on the number of paid clients/shifts.
- Health and dental benefits are provided after 3 months. Staff must work a minimum of 22.5 hours/week to qualify.
- Additional benefits are negotiable for counsellors NOT working in private practice. These benefits include items like association registration fees, insurance, continuing education credits, and more. All additional benefits are based on job performance.
- One shift of 4.5 hours minimum, up to potentially 7.5 hours/day over 5 days (37.5 hours a week)
- Part-time options are available, and flexibility in the number of weekly hours.
- Full-time employees who pass the probation period and demonstrate a good client retention rate, and on average maintain a schedule which is 75% full have the potential to reach an annual salary range of $60,000 to $85,000 that will be commensurate with experience.
- Valid registration as a mental health counsellor.
- Experience in providing counselling services to diverse populations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Dedication to ongoing professional growth and development.
- Fluent with MS Office products and comfortable using scheduling software (JaneApp.com)
- Comfortable with the Jane App video-conferencing application.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive work environment where counsellors can thrive and make a meaningful difference in the lives of our clients. If you are a dedicated mental health professional looking for a supportive organization that values your growth, we invite you to apply.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and relevant certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Helps Counselling is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Helps Counselling is a mental health service provider dedicated to supporting individuals, couples, and families. Our primary objective is to empower individuals by enhancing their self-awareness. At Helps Counselling, our focus is on assisting clients who face challenges such as anxiety, anger, depression, grief, low self-esteem, issues with boundaries, stress, relationship difficulties, and many others. What sets us apart is our diverse team, comprising professionals from various backgrounds, each with unique training and personal experiences. We believe in providing a supportive environment for our clients, and customizing our approach to meet their specific needs. Our aim is to accompany clients on their personal growth journey, no matter which stage they find themselves in.